General LFS News
| RSS Feed |
- News Server Down Indefinitely
- Jeremy Huntwork - 2005/11/09
Due to various recurring issues with our news server, it has been decided to take it offline indefinitely. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
In the meantime, the LFS server admins are researching making use of gmane.org for those users that prefer using news servers over mailing lists. www.gmane.org
- LiveCD Version x86-6.1-3 Released
- Justin Knierim - 2005/10/01
The LFS LiveCD team has released an updated version of the 6.1 CD, version x86-6.1-3. This version of the LiveCD fixes two often reported bugs:
- SCSI CDROM's are now detected correctly.
- The runit.sh in nALFS-profile has the correct path.
To download the new LiveCD, visit the LFS LiveCD download page for a list of mirrors.
- LFS 6.1 Released
- Matthew Burgess - 2005/07/09
The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of LFS 6.1. This release includes a large number of package upgrades (including Linux-188.8.131.52, GCC-3.4.3, Glibc-2.3.4) and security fixes (including the recently disclosed zlib vulnerability). It also includes a large amount of editorial work on the explantory material throughout the book, improving both the clarity and accuracy of the text.
Latest SVN Changes
Jeremy Huntwork - 2006/11/24
- Added some CSS fixups and design adjustments - cleaner and more congruent with the wiki
Justin Knierim - 2006/09/10
- Updated livecd news.html with all info for the 6.2 LiveCD.
Dan Nicholson - 2006/08/29
- Update BLFS download note to reflect the development book tracking LFS-6.2.
- Make the note to use BLFS-svn with LFS-6.2 more visible.
- Don't wrap the whole page in the <div>.
Dan Nicholson - 2006/08/28
- Added link to German LFS-6.2 translation.
- More translation updates.
Dan Nicholson - 2006/08/23
- I am an editor now. Richard is not.
- Added link to Wiki on main page menu and converted tabs to spaces for consistency.
Dan Nicholson - 2006/08/08
- Add svn executable and keywords for lfscounter.cgi
- LFS-6.2 errata for shadow old/ download location.
- I should learn how to write HTML.
Justin Knierim - 2006/08/08
- First try, adding lfscounter.cgi to svn.
- Changed lfscounter.cgi links to previous URL for now.
Justin Knierim - 2006/08/05
- Fixed livecd downloads page to correct versions, added 6.2-1 release announcement.
Bruce Dubbs - 2006/08/03
- Add 6.2 errata pages
- Link stable errata to 6.2
- Update errata desc
Bruce Dubbs - 2006/08/02
- Set up for LFS-6.2 stable release
- Correct news text for 6.2 release